Jump to Main Content
- Cappato, Leandro P., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.245 pp. 22-28
- ascorbic acid; beverages; cell structures; color; corrosion; electric power; electrodes; heat; light microscopy; microstructure; ohmic heating; rheology; temperature profiles; whey
- ... Whey acerola-flavoured drink was treated using ohmic heating (OH) at 65°C for 30min to evaluate different frequencies (10, 100 and 1000Hz with 25V) and voltages (45, 60 and 80V at 60Hz) and by conventional heating (CH) with the same temperature profile (65°C/30min). Rheology parameters, color changes (h°, C∗, ΔE) microstructure (optical microscopy), and ascorbic acid (AA) degradation kinetics were ...
- Cappato, Leandro P., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.263 pp. 81-88
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; antioxidant activity; beverages; bioactive compounds; electric potential difference; fatty acid composition; ohmic heating; pasteurization; thermal properties; volatile compounds; whey
- ... Whey acerola-flavoured drink was subjected to Ohmic Heating (OH) under different operational conditions (45, 60, 80 V at 60 Hz and 10, 100, 1000 Hz with 25 V, 65 °C/30 min) and conventional pasteurization (65 °C/30 min). Bioactive compounds (total phenolics, DPPH, FRAP, ACE levels), fatty acid profile, volatile compounds (CG-MS), thermal behaviors (DSC) and water mobility (TD-NMR) were performed. ...