Jump to Main Content
- Colli, Célia, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.285 pp. 171-179
- Smallanthus sonchifolius; alanine transaminase; antioxidants; apoptosis; aspartate transaminase; blood; blood lipids; cholesterol; copper; enzyme activity; fatty acids; flour; hemosiderin; histology; histopathology; iron; iron absorption; iron overload; liver; phytic acid; protective effect; rats; very low density lipoprotein; zinc
- ... The effect of moderate Fe overload in the diet and its interaction with phytate, and/or yacon flour (YF), recognized as an inhibitor, and facilitator, of Fe absorption, respectively, was evaluated in healthy rats. For this purpose the following parameters were analyzed: (1) apparent iron (Fe), copper (Cu) and zinc (Zn) absorption; (2) blood Fe; (3) blood lipids (cholesterol, tryacylglicerol); (4) ...
- Colli, Célia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2011 v.126 no.3 pp. 885-891
- Smallanthus sonchifolius; bioavailability; diet; fermentation; ferrous sulfate; flour; fructans; liver; rats; repletion; weanlings
- ... The effects of inulin-type fructans (ITF)-containing yacon flour (YF) on Fe bioavailability from ferric pyrophosphate (FP) were evaluated in Fe-deficient rats using the Hb repletion efficiency (HRE) assay. Weanling male Wistar rats were fed a low-Fe diet (12mg/kg) for 15days followed by 2 weeks of Fe repletion with diets providing 35mg Fe/kg as either ferrous sulphate (FS) or FP, supplemented with ...