Jump to Main Content
- Morales-Sillero, Ana María, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.240 pp. 831-839
- antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; cocoa beans; cocoa hulls; commercialization; cotyledons; epicatechin; fermentation; functional foods; gene banks; genotype; phenols; theobromine; Ecuador; Mexico; Peru
- ... A characterization of the phenolic profile of 25 cocoa genotypes established in a Mexican gene bank was carried out. From five different extraction methods commonly used for phenols, extraction with acidified methanol–water was chosen as the best to quantify the concentrations of theobromine and individual phenols in cocoa beans. High concentrations of individual and total phenols were found for g ...
- Morales-Sillero, Ana, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2017 v.237 pp. 1216-1225
- cold storage; cultivars; esters; flavor; fruits; mechanical harvesting; olives; orchards; oxidative stability; phenolic compounds; temperature; virgin olive oil
- ... The suitability of the cold storage (2°C) of fruit to maintain the quality of ‘Manzanilla de Sevilla’ and ‘Manzanilla Cacereña’ intended for virgin olive oil extraction was investigated. This temperature was effective in keeping the best commercial category of oil quality in both manually harvested olives and in mechanically harvested ‘Manzanilla Cacereña’ fruits for 11days. Mechanical harvesting ...