Jump to Main Content
- Morrone, Lucia, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.245 pp. 1098-1104
- analysis of variance; cultivars; harvest date; oleuropein; olives; planning; saturated fatty acids; sensory properties; unsaturated fatty acids; vanillic acid; virgin olive oil; Italy; Sardinia
- ... The effects of olive ripeness, areas of production and their interaction on the chemical and sensory characteristics of cv. Bosana oil were assessed. The study was carried out in three areas of the Sassari province, Sardinia (Italy), at three stages of maturation. The results indicated the independence of the two factors: ripeness influenced saturated fatty acids, pigment content and deacetoxy ole ...
- Morrone, Lucia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2017 v.224 pp. 78-85
- Olea europaea; certification; clones; cultivars; extra-virgin olive oil; fatty acid composition; genetic variation; olives; phenotype; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; Italy
- ... The olive species (Olea europaea L.) is characterized by significant phenotypic and genetic variability the genetic matrix has a strong influence on several important extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) chemical components. Four clones from cultivars autochthonous of the Emilia Romagna region were selected for their notable performance in terms of agronomical characteristics, and the quality of the oliv ...