Jump to Main Content
- Selvaraj, Jonathan Nimal, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.174 pp. 132-138
- DNA; baking; crackers; frying; glutinous rice; noodles; processing technology; rice wines; transgenic plants
- ... Food processing methods contribute to DNA degradation, thereby affecting genetically modified organism detection and quantification. This study evaluated the effect of food processing methods on the relative transgenic content of genetically modified rice with Cry1Ab. In steamed rice and rice noodles, the levels of Cry1Ab were ⩾100% and <83%, respectively. Frying and baking in rice crackers contri ...
- Selvaraj, Jonathan Nimal, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.173 pp. 1111-1118
- adenine; adenosine; adenosine diphosphate; adenosine monophosphate; adenosine triphosphate; freshness; guanosine; high performance liquid chromatography; inosine monophosphate; phosphates; royal jelly; thymidine; uric acid; uridine
- ... Nucleotides, nucleosides and nucleobases play a greater role in the physiological activity of organisms which are highly present in royal jelly (RJ). The objective of the present study is to develop a HPLC method to simultaneous determine nucleotides, nucleosides and nucleobases in RJ and access them in fresh and commercial RJ samples. The LOD and LOQ were 12.2–99.6μg/L and 40.8–289.4μg/L, respect ...