Jump to Main Content
- Stone, Andrea K., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.284 pp. 227-235
- Citrus; esterification; mixing; mixing ratio; pH; pea protein; pectins; protein isolates
- ... High methoxy citrus pectin (UM88) was saponified to produce modified pectin [M(72, 42, and 9)], with different levels of degree of esterification (DE), to investigate the complex coacervation of pea protein isolate (PPI) with pectin [UM88 and M(72, 42, and 9)]. Regardless of the DE value of pectin, the critical pH corresponding to when insoluble complexes form shifted to higher pH as the mixing ra ...
- Stone, Andrea K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.264 pp. 180-188
- Citrus; apples; biopolymers; esterification; galacturonic acid; mixing; mixing ratio; pH; pea protein; pectins; protein isolates; protein solubility; sugar beet
- ... The complex coacervation of pea protein isolate (PPI) with commercial pectic polysaccharides [high methoxy citrus pectin (P90, 90 representing DE), apple pectin (P78) sugar beet pectin (P62), low methoxy citrus pectin (P29)] of different degrees of esterification (DE) [and galacturonic acid content (GalA)] and blockiness (DB), was investigated. The maximum amount of coacervates formed at a biopoly ...