Jump to Main Content
- Taarji, Noamane, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.261 pp. 322-328
- astaxanthin; bioavailability; calcium chloride; droplets; emulsifiers; food industry; heat treatment; homogenization; ionic strength; lipid metabolism; nanoemulsions; pH; polysorbates; storage time
- ... The formulation, physicochemical stability and bioaccessibility of astaxanthin (AST) loaded oil-in-water nanoemulsions fabricated using gypenosides (GPs) as natural emulsifiers was investigated and compared with a synthetic emulsifier (Tween 20) that is commonly applied in food industry. GPs were capable of producing nanoemulsions with a small volume mean diameter (d4,3 = 125 ± 2 nm), which was si ...
- Taarji, Noamane, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.246 pp. 457-463
- emulsifiers; fish oils; homogenization; nanoemulsions; pH; saponins; sodium chloride; soybean oil; surface tension
- ... In this study, we formulated and stabilized oil-in-water nanoemulsions using a crude extract from argan press-cake as sole emulsifier. Various extracts from argan press-cake were prepared in order to select the most surface-active one(s) foreseeing emulsions preparation. Fifty percent (v/v) ethanolic extract reduced the interfacial tension to a minimum value at both MCT oil and soybean oil interfa ...