Jump to Main Content
- Jeong, Yoon-Jae; Ha, Jae-Won
- Food control 2019 v.106 pp. 106698
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Salmonella Typhimurium; acetic acid; antibacterial properties; bacteria; cell membranes; color; esterases; food pathogens; fresh produce; leaves; phenols; product quality; spinach; synergism; texture; ultraviolet radiation; virulent strains; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... This study was conducted to evaluate the antimicrobial effect of the combined treatment of UV-A radiation (UVA) and acetic acid (AA) against Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella Typhimurium, and Listeria monocytogenes on spinach leaves and to investigate the effect of this combined treatment on product quality. Spinach leaves inoculated with three pathogenic bacteria were treated individually or s ...
- Muñoz, Nydia; Sonar, Chandrashekhar R.; Bhunia, Kanishka; Tang, Juming; Barbosa-Cánovas, Gustavo V.; Sablani, Shyam S.
- Food control 2019 v.102 pp. 81-86
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O104; Escherichia coli O157; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; Salmonella Typhimurium; Staphylococcus aureus; agar; bacteria; beef; cook-chill systems; food matrix; food pathogens; heat tolerance; potatoes; probiotics; ready-to-eat foods; soups; temperature; thermosensitivity; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... This study explored the antagonistic activity of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG) (Culturelle®), a commercial probiotic supplement, on foodborne pathogens and its heat sensitivity in soup products. Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli O157:H7, Escherichia coli O104:H4, L. monocytogenes and S. Typhimurium were selected to assess the inhibitory effect of LGG on them and analyze their sensitivitie ...