Jump to Main Content
- Mir, Shabir Ahmad; Shah, Manzoor Ahmad; Mir, Mohammad Maqbool; Dar, B.N.; Greiner, Ralf; Roohinejad, Shahin
- Food control 2018 v.85 pp. 235-244
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli; Salmonella; coliform bacteria; developing countries; lifestyle; pathogens; ready-to-eat foods; refrigeration; salads; shelf life; supply chain; vegetables; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The consumption of ready to eat vegetable salads among consumers in developing countries has increased with the change in life style pattern. However, food borne disease linked to these salads poses safety threats. Studies have shown the occurrence of various microbial pathogens which includes Escherichia coli, Listeria monocytogenes, coliforms, Salmonella etc. in these types of ready to eat veget ...
- Taylor, Michael H.; Tsai, Hsieh-Chin; Rasco, Barbara; Tang, Juming; Zhu, Mei-Jun
- Food control 2018 v.91 pp. 434-439
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Salmonella; almonds; ambient temperature; dried milk; food pathogens; heat inactivation; heat tolerance; heat treatment; low moisture foods; microbiological quality; peanut butter; shelf life; storage temperature; storage time; wheat; wheat flour; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Foodborne pathogens including Salmonella have been implicated in recent recalls of low-water activity (aw) foods, such as peanut butter, almond flour, wheat, flour and dry milk powder, and are primary concerns for the microbiological safety of dry food products. Although there are an increasing number of studies on Salmonella thermal resistance conducted in low-moisture foods, little information i ...