Jump to Main Content
- Wambui, Joseph; Karuri, Edward; Lamuka, Peter; Matofari, Joseph
- Food control 2017 v.81 pp. 34-39
- gloves, etc ; beef; cleaning equipment; cross-sectional studies; education; food safety; good hygiene practices; hand washing; risk; slaughterhouses; small and medium enterprises; soaps; Kenya; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Implementation of hygiene practices in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) poses a serious problem, which can increase food safety risks. In SME slaughterhouses, the risk posed is even higher given that meat and meat products are important in regards to foodborne illnesses. Therefore, this study determined the good hygiene practices among meat handlers (MH) in SME slaughterhouses. A cross sectiona ...
- Rebouças, Larissa Tannus; Santiago, Lidiane Barbosa; Martins, Larissa Silva; Rios Menezes, Ana Cláudia; Araújo, Maria da Purificação Nazaré; Almeida, Rogeria Comastri de Castro
- Food control 2017 v.73 pp. 372-381
- gloves, etc ; attitudes and opinions; cross contamination; data collection; food handling; food preservation; food safety; food service management; food service workers; hands; hygiene; interviews; laws and regulations; restaurants; statistical analysis; temperature; Brazil; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... This study aimed to assess the knowledge level, attitudes and practices of food handlers, and knowledge and practices of head chefs and managers in hotels' restaurants of Salvador, Brazil. Data collection was done through the application of interviews with 265 food handlers and with 32 head chefs and managers. In addition, the influence of the presence of nutritionist in restaurants was evaluated. ...