Jump to Main Content
- Fink, Rok; Oder, Martina; Stražar, Eva; Filip, Sebastjan
- Food control 2017 v.80 pp. 267-272
- vegetative cells, etc ; Bacillus cereus; absorbance; bakery industry; biofilm; biomass; cleaning; cleaning agents; contact angle; food contact surfaces; foods; gentian violet; hygiene; polyurethanes; roughness; spores; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Bakery food contact surfaces generally include conveyor belts where the foodstuff is in contact with surfaces for long periods. The aim of the study was to analyse biofilm levels of B. cereus by initially inoculated vegetative cells and spores on different polyurethane conveyor belts. The overall biomass of the biofilm was measured using the optical density of absorbed crystal violet dye in cells. ...
- Vandeweyer, D.; Lenaerts, S.; Callens, A.; Van Campenhout, L.
- Food control 2017 v.71 pp. 311-314
- vegetative cells, etc ; Enterobacteriaceae; Tenebrio molitor; blanching; cold storage; drying; endospores; foods; lactic acid bacteria; larvae; microbial growth; microbial load; molds (fungi); plate count; psychrotrophic bacteria; water activity; yeasts; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Yellow mealworm larvae (Tenebrio molitor) are being introduced into Western food products. The effect of blanching, followed by either chilled storage or industrial microwave drying, on microbial counts of the larvae was investigated. Whatever time applied (10, 20 or 40 s), considerable log reductions were obtained after blanching (total viable count, Enterobacteriaceae, lactic acid bacteria, yeas ...