Jump to Main Content
- Li, Ge; Wu, Shimin; Wang, Lin; Akoh, Casimir C.
- Food control 2016 v.59 pp. 328-336
- Monte Carlo method; adolescents; adults; anthracenes; benzo(a)pyrene; children; dietary exposure; fried foods; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; neoplasms; oils; risk; risk estimate; China
- ... Youtiao, or oil stick, is a typical, traditional and widely-consumed fried food in China. The concentration of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in youtiao from different origins was determined. The dietary exposure and cancer risk associated with benzo[a]pyrene equivalents from youtiao consumption were estimated using Monte Carlo simulation. Analysis of 16 PAHs in youtiao was completed by g ...
- Ding, Tian; Yu, Yan-Yan; Schaffner, Donald W.; Chen, Shi-Guo; Ye, Xing-Qian; Liu, Dong-Hong
- Food control 2016 v.59 pp. 636-643
- Monte Carlo method; Staphylococcus aureus; consumer education; enterotoxins; farms; fluid milk; food processing; heat treatment; milk; milk consumption; poisoning; raw milk; risk; risk assessment; simulation models; staphylococcal intoxication; storage temperature; China
- ... The objective of this study was to conduct a risk assessment to determine the food poisoning risk from the consumption of milk in China that might be contaminated by Staphylococcus aureus. Data related to prevalence and concentration of S. aureus in fluid raw milk in China were collected from the literature and used to calculate the initial contamination levels. Two main consumption routes were co ...