Jump to Main Content
- Gullon, Beatriz; Pintado, Manuela E.; Pérez-Álvarez, José A.; Viuda-Martos, Manuel
- Food control 2016 v.59 pp. 94-98
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli; Listeria innocua; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Punica granatum; Salmonella; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; coproducts; ellagic acid; flavonoids; flour; food industry; high performance liquid chromatography; juices; minimum inhibitory concentration; phenolic compounds; pomegranates; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The aim of this work were to determine the polyphenolic profile and the antibacterial properties of pomegranate peel flour (PPF), in view to its application in the food industry as potential antimicrobial “natural” agent. For thus, the antibacterial properties of PPF were tested against: Listeria monocytogenes, Listeria innocua, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli and S ...
- García-Díez, J.; Alheiro, J.; Pinto, A.L.; Soares, L.; Falco, V.; Fraqueza, M.J.; Patarata, L.
- Food control 2016 v.59 pp. 262-270
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Salmonella; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; batters; cured meats; drying; enterotoxins; essential oils; flavorings; food industry; food pathogens; garlic; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; manufacturing; minced pork; oregano; sausages; spices; wines; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Dry cured sausages such as Portuguese chouriço de vinho are made generally with roughly minced pork and fat and seasoned with a large variety of herbs and spices. It is a particular sausage because meat is marinated in wine with other seasonings during 24–48 h before stuffing. Nowadays, health concerns of consumers have left food processors with less flexibility to choose preservative substances a ...