Jump to Main Content
- McCombie, Gregor; Harling, Antje; Biedermann, Maurus; Biedermann-Brem, Sandra; Eicher, Angela; Suter, Gaby; Morandini, Maria; Pechstein, Sylvia; Schmäschke, Gabriele; Lauber, Uwe; Grob, Koni
- Food control 2015 v.50 pp. 65-71
- jars, etc ; chemical analysis; compliance; foods; glass; lids; oils; plasticizers; surveys; test meals; Europe; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The first joint European enforcement campaign on the migration of plasticizers from the gaskets of lids into oily foods in 2011 revealed exceeded legal limits in 24% of the samples. As a follow-up, a campaign was performed with the focus on systematic compliance work that ensures the abidance by the legal limits for the plasticizers. Chemical analysis was merely considered as a verification of the ...
- Acosta, Oscar G.; Vermeylen, Françoise M.; Noel, Corinna; Padilla-Zakour, Olga I.
- Food control 2015 v.51 pp. 390-396
- jars, etc ; blanching; boiling; carrots; experimental design; foods; glass; guidelines; heat; models; pH; sucrose; temperature; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Shelf-stable pickled products are thermally processed to ensure safety and stability. Carrots packed in glass jars and processed in a boiling water bath were chosen to construct models to predict accumulated lethality values given process conditions and heating times. Mixed models with a natural logarithmic transformation of accumulated lethality as response showed that the effect of blanching pri ...