Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food control 2013 v.32 no.2 pp. 477-483
- Eucalyptus; Lactobacillus casei; Lactobacillus plantarum; Oenococcus oeni; antimicrobial agents; antimicrobial properties; cell viability; inhibitory concentration 50; lactic acid bacteria; potassium metabisulfite; spoilage; sulfur dioxide; synergism; wine industry; winemaking; wines
- ... This study investigated the potential use of lacticin 3147 to control growth of wine lactic acid bacteria (LAB) aiming to develop new approaches for reducing the content of sulphites in wine. Lacticin 3147, potassium metabisulphite and eucalyptus extract interactions were also evaluated. Inhibitory activity of the bacteriocin demonstrated to be strain-dependent and the highest antimicrobial effect ...
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food control 2013 v.33 no.2 pp. 440-447
- Eucalyptus; almonds; astringency; coumaric acids; esters; flavanols; leaves; norisoprenoids; oak barrels; odors; plant extracts; polyphenols; preservatives; stainless steel; sulfites; sulfur dioxide; white wines; winemaking; wood
- ... Antimicrobial plant extracts rich in polyphenols have recently been proposed as a total or partial alternative to sulfites during winemaking. This paper reports a first winery-scale trial of the addition of antimicrobial plant extracts during wine ageing in wood. Before being distributed in oak barrels, a Verdejo wine was treated with either a SO2 regular dose (160 mg/L) or with a SO2 half-dose (8 ...