Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food control 2013 v.32 no.2 pp. 477-483
- Eucalyptus; Lactobacillus casei; Lactobacillus plantarum; Oenococcus oeni; antimicrobial agents; antimicrobial properties; cell viability; inhibitory concentration 50; lactic acid bacteria; potassium metabisulfite; spoilage; sulfur dioxide; synergism; wine industry; winemaking; wines
- ... This study investigated the potential use of lacticin 3147 to control growth of wine lactic acid bacteria (LAB) aiming to develop new approaches for reducing the content of sulphites in wine. Lacticin 3147, potassium metabisulphite and eucalyptus extract interactions were also evaluated. Inhibitory activity of the bacteriocin demonstrated to be strain-dependent and the highest antimicrobial effect ...
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food control 2012 v.28 no.2 pp. 212-219
- Acetobacter; Eucalyptus; Gluconobacter oxydans; Lactobacillus casei; Lactobacillus hilgardii; Lactobacillus plantarum; Oenococcus oeni; Pediococcus pentosaceus; acetic acid bacteria; antimicrobial agents; antimicrobial properties; byproducts; cell membranes; flowers; fruits; lactic acid bacteria; leaves; legumes; malic acid; malolactic fermentation; red wines; seeds; spices; sulfur dioxide; transmission electron microscopy
- ... The purpose of this study was to determine whether phenolic extracts with antimicrobial activity may be considered as an alternative to the use of sulfur dioxide (SO₂) for controlling malolactic fermentation (MLF) in winemaking. Inhibition of the growth of six enological strains (Lactobacillus hilgardii CIAL-49, Lactobacillus casei CIAL-52, Lactobacillus plantarum CIAL-92, Pediococcus pentosaceus ...