Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food control 2015 v.50 pp. 699-704
- Escherichia coli; acidity; alkalinity; cilantro; disinfection; electrolyzed water; fresh-cut produce; microorganisms; scanning electron microscopy
- ... In the present study, the disinfection efficacy on fresh-cut cilantro of the combination of strongly acidic electrolyzed water (AcEW) and alkaline electrolyzed water (AlEW) was evaluated, in comparison with single slightly acidic electrolyzed water (SAEW) and single AcEW treatments. The populations of E. Coli O78 on inoculated cilantro treated by AlEW 5 min + AcEW 5 min, was not detected while 3.4 ...
- Liu, Haijie, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food control 2013 v.33 no.1 pp. 1-5
- antimicrobial properties; brown rice; chlorine; correlation; decontamination; gamma-aminobutyric acid; germination; humans; microbial load; plate count; presoaking; tap water; ultrasonic treatment
- ... Electrolyzed functional water (EFW) possesses broad spectrum antimicrobial activity, and is harmless to the environment and humans. In this research EFW used in germinated brown rice (GBR) production instead of tap water. The effects of the EFW on microbial growth and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) content; and the effects of available chlorine concentration (ACC) and presoaking and ultrasonic pre ...