Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Xiaojuan; Zhang, Binle; Huang, Weining; Ma, Zilin; Zhang, Fengwen; Wang, Feng; Zou, Qibo; Zheng, Jianxian
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.90 pp. 377-384
- Weissella confusa; cryoprotectants; crystallization; crystals; dextran; exopolysaccharides; freeze-thaw cycles; frozen dough; hydrocolloids; ice; industry; loss modulus; magnetism; microstructure; molecular weight; rheology; scanning electron microscopes; storage modulus; water content; water distribution; wheat gluten
- ... The effect of exopolysaccharide (EPS) produced by Weissella confusa QS813 on the hydration, water distribution, rheology and microstructure of wheat gluten during freeze–thaw cycles (FTC) was investigated. Addition of EPS increased the water content of fresh gluten and delayed the dehydration of gluten during FTC. Low field-nuclear magnetic resonance showed that the presence of EPS reduced the mob ...
- Zhou, Xuxia; Chen, Ting; Lin, Honghan; Chen, Hong; Liu, Jianhua; Lyu, Fei; Ding, Yuting
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.90 pp. 82-89
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; crosslinking; deformation; egg albumen; gels; hydrocolloids; loss modulus; microstructure; myosin heavy chains; polyphenols; solubility; storage modulus; surimi; tea; viscoelasticity; water content; water holding capacity
- ... Effects of egg white (EW) modified by different concentrations (0.2%, 0.4%, 0.6%, 0.8% w/w) of tea polyphenols (TP) on physicochemical properties and microstructure properties of surimi gel were investigated. FTIR analysis showed that TP modification changed the secondary structure of EW proteins, reduced α-helix content but increased the content of β-folding. The TP-modified EW showed significant ...