Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Bingjing; Zhang, Zipei; Chen, Fang; Luo, Xiang; McClements, David Julian
- Food hydrocolloids 2017 v.71 pp. 187-197
- alginates, etc ; aqueous solutions; calcium; chitosan; color; curcumin; dimethyl sulfoxide; droplets; emulsions; encapsulation; extrusion; functional foods; gelation; hydrocolloids; hydrogels; lipids; pH; tripolyphosphates; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The impact of molecular environment on the chemical stability of curcumin was determined. Equal amounts of curcumin were incorporated into different kinds of delivery system: aqueous dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) solutions; oil-in-water emulsions; or filled hydrogel beads. Two types of filled hydrogel beads were fabricated by injecting solutions containing curcumin-loaded lipid droplets and gelling po ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Mirpoor, Seyedeh Fatemeh; Hosseini, Seyed Mohammad Hashem; Yousefi, Gholam Hossein
- Food hydrocolloids 2017 v.71 pp. 216-224
- alginates, etc ; acidification; aqueous solutions; beta-lactoglobulin; biopolymers; curcumin; encapsulation; fasting; heat treatment; hydrocolloids; hydrophobicity; nanomaterials; particle size; temperature; thermal stability; viscosity; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Beta-lactoglobulin (BLG)-sodium alginate (ALG) electrostatic nanocomplexes were utilized to encapsulate and deliver curcumin in clear acidic media. Relative viscosity measurements confirmed that ALG wrapping around the globular BLG molecules occurred in the aqueous biopolymer mixture upon acidification. Curcumin was efficiently entrapped within developed green delivery systems. The encapsulation e ...