Jump to Main Content
- Thongkaew, Chutima; Hinrichs, Jörg; Gibis, Monika; Weiss, Jochen
- Food hydrocolloids 2015 v.47 pp. 21-31
- ionic strength, etc ; biopolymers; confocal microscopy; dispersions; droplets; food industry; homogenization; hydrocolloids; light scattering; pH; pectins; rheology; rheometry; separation; sodium chloride; turbidity; whey protein isolate; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The effect of pH change, salt addition or sequences of pH change followed by salt addition or vice versa on the structure of a whey protein isolate – pectin dispersion obtained from a phase separated system after mild homogenization was studied. Solutions of whey protein isolate and pectin were combined at pH 6.1, allowed to phase separate and then mildly homogenized to form a dispersion consistin ...
- Hu, Kun; McClements, David Julian
- Food hydrocolloids 2015 v.44 pp. 101-108
- ionic strength, etc ; biopolymers; drug formulations; heat; hydrocolloids; nanoparticles; pH; particle size; sodium chloride; thermal stability; zein; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Core-shell biopolymer nanoparticles were prepared using antisolvent precipitation to form surfactant-stabilized zein core nanoparticles and then electrostatic deposition to form an alginate shell. The particle yield was relatively high (95%). The nanoparticles had a core diameter of about 80 nm, a shell thickness of about 40 nm, and an electrical charge of about −21 mV (pH 4.0). The amount of algi ...