Jump to Main Content
- Wooster, Tim J.; Day, Li; Xu, Mi; Golding, Matt; Oiseth, Sofia; Keogh, Jennifer; Clifton, Peter
- Food hydrocolloids 2014 v.36 pp. 102-114
- gastric juice, etc ; biopolymers; casein; caseinates; confocal laser scanning microscopy; digestion; emulsions; flocculation; foods; gels; lipolysis; metabolic syndrome; monoacylglycerols; nutrients; nutrition; obesity; starch; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The deliberate design of food structures that impact on lipid digestion has received increasing attention because of the need for solutions to combat nutrition related concerns such as obesity and metabolic syndrome. In this study we examined how the hierarchical structure of foods can impact lipid digestion by incorporating gastric structuring emulsions in different biopolymer networks, namely i) ...
- Day, Li; Golding, Matt; Xu, Mi; Keogh, Jennifer; Clifton, Peter; Wooster, Tim J.
- Food hydrocolloids 2014 v.36 pp. 151-161
- gastric juice, etc ; absorption; casein; caseinates; covariance; diabetes; digestion; droplet size; droplets; emulsifiers; emulsions; flocculation; functional foods; ingredients; monoacylglycerols; obesity; pH; stomach; surface area; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The destabilisation of emulsions within the stomach alters their droplet size and surface area, which in turn influences the rate and extent of fat digestion. In this study, we sought to gain further understanding of the mechanisms of the colloidal destabilisation of emulsions during digestion by examining how the composition of the interface impacts on these destabilisation processes. Understandi ...