Jump to Main Content
- Funami, T.; Nishinari, K.
- Food hydrocolloids 2007 v.21 no.1 pp. 59-65
- food chemistry, etc ; hydrocolloids; aqueous solutions; gelation; gelling properties; inorganic salts; curdlan; storage modulus; gels; heat treatment; swelling (materials); oscillation; viscoelasticity; Show all 13 Subjects
- Fitzsimons, S.M.; Tobin, J.T.; Morris, E.R.
- Food hydrocolloids 2008 v.22 no.1 pp. 36-46
- food chemistry, etc ; mechanism of action; gelling properties; mixing; hydrocolloids; ambient temperature; gels; rheological properties; mechanical properties; chemical bonding; gelation; synergism; mixtures; molecular conformation; konjac mannan; xanthan gum; thermal properties; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Mixtures of 0.5wt% xanthan with 0.5wt% konjac glucomannan (KGM) in water and in 30mM KCl were prepared by mixing stock solutions of the individual polymers at 20°C, and characterised rheologically by low-amplitude oscillatory measurements, and by creep-recovery experiments using applied stresses of 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 1.6, 3.2, 6.4, 12.8, 25.6, 51.2 and 102.4Pa. Both mixtures gave gel-like mechanical s ...