Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2015 v.43 pp. 311-321
- Citrus; acetylation; apples; bile acids; bioactive properties; byproducts; emulsifying properties; emulsions; glucose; heat treatment; hydrocolloids; manufacturing; molecular weight; olive oil; organic wastes; pectins
- ... The pectin fraction released from steam-treated alperujo at 160 °C for 30, 45, and 60 min was purified and characterized. Differences were observed in the composition, and physical and biological activities of the pectin extracts, depending on the length of the thermal treatment. The extracts presented a low molecular weight in the range of 2–40 KDa, a high content of neutral sugars, and a high pe ...
- Rodríguez-Gutiérrez, Guillermo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2015 v.50 pp. 237-246
- Citrus; acetylation; antioxidant activity; apples; biomass; byproducts; centrifugation; dietary fiber; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; esterification; ethanol; fats and oils industry; glucose; heat; heat treatment; humidity; hydrocolloids; in vitro studies; molecular weight; olive oil; olive pomace; olives; pectins; polyphenols; wastewater
- ... Alperujo, a semi-solid by-product from the olive oil industry, is currently subjected to a novel industrial treatment, which consisted of gentle heating at 50–80 °C for 1–2 h, followed by a new three-phase centrifugation system that gave alperujo oil, olive pomace and aqueous by-products. This process is a prerequisite to reduce the humidity of the resulting solid to enable its use as biomass, and ...