Jump to Main Content
- van Aken, George A.
- Food hydrocolloids 2013 v.31 no.2 pp. 325-331
- touch (sensation), etc ; acoustics; food surfaces; foods; mechanoreceptors; palate; texture; tongue; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The application of acoustic emission measurement (“acoustic tribology”) is explored for in vivo characterization of rubbing and tapping contacts of the biological tissues of skin and tongue. This acoustic signal originates from physical processes that are closely related to the rapid force fluctuations that are sensed by the rapidly-adapting mechanoreceptors involved in the sensation of touch. Dem ...
- Prinz, J.F.; Janssen, A.M.; Wijk, R.A. de
- Food hydrocolloids 2007 v.21 no.3 pp. 397-401
- sensation, etc ; humans; digestive physiology; mastication; foods; solids; food quality; viscosity; texture; in vitro studies; simulation models; sampling; rheology; image analysis; temperature; thermal properties; chemical structure; shear strength; alpha-amylase; mixing; Show all 20 Subjects