Jump to Main Content
- Yue, Pengxiang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.96 pp. 617-624
- Raman spectroscopy; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chitosan; food packaging; functional foods; gelatin; hydrocolloids; light; light transmission; lipid content; mechanical properties; olive oil; oxidation; packaging films; peroxide value; thermal stability
- ... Anthocyanins (ACNs) nanocomplexes fabricated using chitosan hydrochloride (CHC) and carboxymethyl chitosan (CMC) were incorporated into gelatin film as a base formulation for the preparation of packaging films. The effects of ACNs-loaded CHC/CMC nanocomplexes on the film were investigated, with attention to the physical, antioxidant, and morphological properties of the resultant films. The results ...
- Yue, Pengxiang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2018 v.74 pp. 23-31
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; anthocyanins; aqueous solutions; ascorbic acid; chitosan; crosslinking; differential scanning calorimetry; electrostatic interactions; encapsulation; enthalpy; fluorescent lighting; food additives; food industry; functional foods; gelatinization; hydrocolloids; ingredients; pH; particle size; storage temperature; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Anthocyanins as food additives have attracted increasing interest from the food industries, due to its potential health-related functionalities. However, it is low stability to limit its applications in foods. In this work, nanocomplexes of chitosan hydrochloride (CHC), carboxymethyl chitosan (CMC) and anthocyanins (ACNs) were fabricated through electrostatic interaction to improve the stability o ...