Jump to Main Content
- Escobar-Zepeda, Alejandra; Sanchez-Flores, Alejandro; Quirasco Baruch, Maricarmen
- Food microbiology 2016 v.57 pp. 116-127
- bacteriocins, etc ; Brucella; Lactobacillus; Leuconostoc; Listeria monocytogenes; Mycobacterium; Salmonella; Weissella; bacteria; branched chain amino acids; cheeses; environmental factors; flavor compounds; free fatty acids; genes; genetic markers; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; immunity; metabolism; metagenomics; microbial communities; microbiome; raw milk; ripening; sensory properties; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Cotija cheese is a Mexican handcrafted product made from raw cow milk whose ripening process occurs spontaneously and, presumably, it is influenced by environmental conditions. Its sensory characteristics and safety are probably the result of the balance between microbial populations and their metabolic capacity. In this work, we studied the dominance and richness of the bacteria in the Cotija che ...
- Saraoui, Taous; Fall, Papa Abdoulaye; Leroi, Françoise; Antignac, Jean-Philippe; Chéreau, Sylvain; Pilet, Marie France
- Food microbiology 2016 v.53 pp. 70-78
- bacteriocins, etc ; Lactococcus piscium; Listeria monocytogenes; MSMA (herbicide); amino acids; anti-infective agents; bacteria; coculture; etiology; foodborne illness; glucose; hydrogen peroxide; iron; liquid chromatography; listeriosis; magnesium; mass spectrometry; metabolomics; nitrogen; organic acids and salts; secretion; shrimp; vitamins; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Listeria monocytogenes is a pathogenic Gram positive bacterium and the etiologic agent of listeriosis, a severe food-borne disease. Lactococcus piscium CNCM I-4031 has the capacity to prevent the growth of L. monocytogenes in contaminated peeled and cooked shrimp. To investigate the inhibititory mechanism, a chemically defined medium (MSMA) based on shrimp composition and reproducing the inhibitio ...