Jump to Main Content
- Sosa Mejia, Z.; Beumer, R.R.; Zwietering, M.H.
- Food microbiology 2011 v.28 no.4 pp. 631-638
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; chickens; risk; risk management; food safety objective; Salmonella Typhimurium; steam; growth models; food pathogens; Bacillus cereus; ready-to-eat foods; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Steam meals are ready-to-eat meals composed of raw and semi-cooked ingredients, which get cooked while microwave heating. In this study, an Indian style meal was selected, Chicken Tandoori, from two different producers. These meals were first evaluated with the Risk Ranger® to identify the main foodborne pathogens risks, which were Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Typhimurium and Bacillus cereus ...
- Kim, Binna; Yun, Hyejeong; Jung, Samooel; Jung, Yeonkook; Jung, Heesoo; Choe, Wonho; Jo, Cheorun
- Food microbiology 2011 v.28 no.1 pp. 9-13
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; gases; Escherichia coli; Salmonella Typhimurium; pasteurization; helium; bacon; food safety; oxygen; pathogens; atmospheric pressure; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Atmospheric pressure plasma (APP) is an emerging non-thermal pasteurization method for the enhancement of food safety. In this study, the effect of APP on the inactivation of pathogens inoculated onto bacon was observed. Sliced bacon was inoculated with Listeria monocytogenes (KCTC 3596), Escherichia coli (KCTC 1682), and Salmonella Typhimurium (KCTC 1925). The samples were treated with APP at 75, ...