Jump to Main Content
- Rivera, Carmen Susana; Venturini, María Eugenia; Marco, Pedro; Oria, Rosa; Blanco, Domingo
- Food microbiology 2011 v.28 no.7 pp. 1252-1260
- Tuber melanosporum, etc ; Candida; Enterobacteriaceae; Pseudomonas; aerobes; carbon dioxide; flavor; gamma radiation; irradiation; lactic acid bacteria; microbial growth; modified atmosphere packaging; monitoring; oxygen; spores; yeasts; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The effects of electron-beam or gamma irradiation (doses of 1.5 kGy and 2.5 kGy of either one) on the microbial populations, respiratory activity and sensory characteristics of Tuber melanosporum packaged under modified atmospheres were monitored immediately after treatment, and subsequently every seven days during 35 days of storage at 4 °C. Treatments with 1.5 and 2.5 kGy reduced the total mesop ...
- Rivera, Carmen Susana; Blanco, Domingo; Oria, Rosa; Venturini, María Eugenia
- Food microbiology 2010 v.27 no.2 pp. 286-293
- Tuber melanosporum, etc ; food spoilage; Salmonella; food contamination; yeasts; plate count; Tuber aestivum; food pathogens; Listeria monocytogenes; Pseudomonas; fruiting bodies; molds (fungi); truffles; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the total mesophilic microorganisms, Pseudomonas genus, Enterobacteriaceae family, mold and yeast counts and the presence of Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella spp on Tuber aestivum and Tuber melanosporum ascocarps. The results confirmed that the major percentage of the microorganisms, approximately 9.0 log ufc/g, were present in the peridium, the glebas ...