Jump to Main Content
- Islam, Md. Saidul
- Food policy 2008 v.33 no.3 pp. 209-223
- shrimp; seafoods; commodity foods; globalization; shrimp culture; networks; food supply; Bangladesh
- ... Globalization of the agro-food system has led developing nations to orient their production to meet global markets. Consequently, local agricultural systems are increasingly linked to global commodity networks, and generate complex intersections and sometimes tensions. Cultured shrimp in Bangladesh is such a global commodity that connects the local producers with the global consumers starting from ...
- Traub, Lulama Ndibongo; Jayne, T.S.
- Food policy 2008 v.33 no.3 pp. 224-236
- deregulation; corn; profits and margins; commodity foods; corn meal; staple foods; food security; food prices; milling; food policy; South Africa
- ... There has been continuous controversy over the impact of food market reforms on food security in Africa. In South Africa, the government and media have often questioned the effects of price deregulation of maize meal, the major staple food, on consumers. This article determines the effect of retail price deregulation on the size of maize milling/retail margins in South Africa. Regression models of ...