Jump to Main Content
- Megan Sheahan; Roy Black; T.S. Jayne
- Food policy 2013 v.41 pp. 39-52
- corn; farmers; fertilizer rates; mineral fertilizers; nitrogen; profitability; research planning; surveys; Kenya
- ... It is widely perceived that African farmers are under-utilizing inorganic fertilizer. However, very little long-term evidence from farmers’ fields, accounting for variations in agro-ecological conditions, has been assembled to back this claim or determine the conditions under which it is true. Using five waves of nationwide household survey data from Kenya covering 13years, we estimate the relativ ...
- Lenis Saweda O. Liverpool-Tasie
- Food policy 2014 v.46 pp. 37-49
- bags; developing countries; farmers; farms; fertilizer rates; fertilizers; food security; models; poverty
- ... This paper explores the efficiency of a targeted fertilizer subsidy program administered differently in two Nigerian states in 2009. An important dimension along which the otherwise similar programs differed was the fertilizer distribution strategy. Fertilizer distribution among program participants was done at the individual level for one set of farmers, while the fertilizer was given indirectly ...