Jump to Main Content
- Aslihan Arslan; Federico Belotti; Leslie Lipper
- Food policy 2017 v.69 pp. 68-81
- Zea mays; conservation practices; corn; crop yield; farmers; food security; intercropping; issues and policy; legumes; mineral fertilizers; models; organic fertilizers; rain; seeds; soil; temperature; water conservation; Tanzania
- ... We investigate the impact of maize-legume intercropping, soil and water conservation practices (SWC), organic fertilizers, inorganic fertilizers and high yielding maize varieties on maize productivity under weather shocks in Tanzania using panel data. First, we estimate the determinants of adoption by applying a multivariate panel data model capturing their complementarities and/or substitutabilit ...
- Megan Sheahan; Roy Black; T.S. Jayne
- Food policy 2013 v.41 pp. 39-52
- corn; farmers; fertilizer rates; mineral fertilizers; nitrogen; profitability; research planning; surveys; Kenya
- ... It is widely perceived that African farmers are under-utilizing inorganic fertilizer. However, very little long-term evidence from farmers’ fields, accounting for variations in agro-ecological conditions, has been assembled to back this claim or determine the conditions under which it is true. Using five waves of nationwide household survey data from Kenya covering 13years, we estimate the relativ ...