Jump to Main Content
- Roy Black, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food policy 2013 v.41 pp. 39-52
- corn; farmers; fertilizer rates; mineral fertilizers; nitrogen; profitability; research planning; surveys; Kenya
- ... It is widely perceived that African farmers are under-utilizing inorganic fertilizer. However, very little long-term evidence from farmers’ fields, accounting for variations in agro-ecological conditions, has been assembled to back this claim or determine the conditions under which it is true. Using five waves of nationwide household survey data from Kenya covering 13years, we estimate the relativ ...
- Mairi Black, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food policy 2011 v.36S1 no. pp. S52
- alternative fuels; biogas; electricity; energy; feeds; feedstocks; food crops; food security; foods; greenhouse gases; hydrogen; issues and policy; land use; natural gas; sugarcane
- ... The potential global demand for biofuels and the implications of this for land use and its interaction with food agriculture is reviewed. It is expected that biofuels will form an important element of global transport energy mix (in the order of 20–30% of total requirement) over the next 40years and beyond. Over this time, there will be a transition from so called first generation biofuels, based ...