Jump to Main Content
- Pandey, Vijay Laxmi; Mahendra Dev, S.; Jayachandran, Usha
- Food policy 2016 v.62 pp. 28-40
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; aquaculture; crops; fruits; gardens; issues and policy; livelihood; malnutrition; nutrient intake; nutritional intervention; nutritional status; vegetables; women; South Asia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Nearly half of the malnourished population of the world lives in South Asia, and agriculture is the main source of livelihood of the people in this region. Many review exercises have analysed the available evidences to understand the ways in which agriculture can be leveraged to enhance nutritional status; however, very few of them have employed a systematic approach ensuring internal and external ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yen, Steven T.; Lin, Biing-Hwan; Davis, Christopher G.
- Food policy 2008 v.33 no.6 pp. 631
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; consumer behavior; food intake; beef; pork; fish; seafoods; poultry meat; eating out; mathematical models; equations; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... We investigate the roles of consumer knowledge and sociodemographic factors in the consumption of meat products at home and away from home. Censored dependent variables and endogenous dietary knowledge are accommodated by developing and estimating a simultaneous-equations system. Results suggest endogeneity of knowledge and support the system approach to demand functions for meat products. Dietary ...