Jump to Main Content
- Ubeyitogullari, Ali; Ciftci, Ozan N.
- Food research international 2019 v.123 pp. 27-35
- aerogels; bioavailability; crystal structure; fat-free foods; lipid content; nanoparticles; nanopores; puddings; starch
- ... Crystalline structure of phytosterols leads to poor bioavailability and makes their incorporation into foods challenging. Bioaccessibility of first-of-their-kind low-crystallinity phytosterol nanoparticles impregnated in nanoporous starch aerogels (PS-NSA) was evaluated in non-, low-, and regular-fat solid and aqueous food formulations, namely, granola bars and puddings for the first time. Bioacce ...
- Piornos, José A.; Delgado, Alexia; de La Burgade, Rémi C.J.; Methven, Lisa; Balagiannis, Dimitrios P.; Koussissi, Elisabeth; Brouwer, Eric; Parker, Jane K.
- Food research international 2019 v.123 pp. 317-326
- algorithms; beers; cold; flavor compounds; food matrix; hydrophobicity; mathematical models; odor compounds; pH; regression analysis; sugars
- ... Detection thresholds are used routinely to determine the odour-active compounds in foods. The composition of a food matrix, such as hydrophobicity or solids content, has an impact on the release of flavour compounds, and thus on thresholds. In the case of beer, thresholds determined in alcoholic beer may not be the same for alcohol-free beer (AFB). Therefore, the aim of this study was to determine ...