Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food research international 2019 v.123 pp. 327-339
- ash content; cooking quality; debranning; dough; gluten; mixing; pasting properties; polymers; protein content; viscosity; water uptake; wheat
- ... The objective of this work was to evaluated the effects of debranning (2% and 4%) of Indian and exotic wheat varieties on pasting, protein profile and rheological properties of meal. Exotic varieties grains showed significant difference in cooking properties despite having similar protein content. Debranned grains of exotic varieties showed significantly lower water uptake (WU) than those from Ind ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food research international 2019 v.126 pp. 108675
- Oryza sativa; brown rice; carbohydrate structure; cultivars; glutelins; lipid content; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; milling; packaging; pathogenesis-related proteins; peroxiredoxin; protein content; ribosomal proteins; starch granules; viscosity
- ... Brown rice of different long-grain Indica cultivars was polished to variable degree of milling (DoM) to see the difference in proteins and starches characteristics in head (HR) and broken rice (BR). Study revealed differential accumulation of starch, fat and proteins in both HR and BR. Extended DoM of brown rice resulted in a progressive decrease in HR yield and increase in BR yield. The extended ...