Jump to Main Content
- Picariello, Gianluca; Ferranti, Pasquale; Addeo, Francesco
- Food research international 2016 v.88 pp. 327-335
- absorption; brush border membrane vesicles; digestion; microvilli; models; nutrients; pathophysiology; peptidases; polypeptides; small intestine
- ... The intestine presides over a series of vital functions in the human body, among which the digestion/absorption of nutrients. Despite their major digestion role, the impact of the enzymes of the luminal intestinal surface on food components has been considered in relatively few experiments of simulated gastrointestinal digestion. In contrast, the identification of proteolitically stable peptides w ...
- Moccand, Cyril; Martin, Fréderic; Martiel, Isabelle; Gancel, Charlotte; Michel, Martin; Fries, Lennart; Sagalowicz, Laurent
- Food research international 2016 v.88 pp. 3-9
- centrifugation; cost effectiveness; crystal structure; crystallization; food fortification; food matrix; oils; oxidation; peroxides; retinyl palmitate; risk factors; solubilization; storage temperature; triacylglycerols; unsaturated fats; vitamin A; vitamin A deficiency
- ... Vitamin A deficiency has a widespread occurrence globally and is considered as one of the world's most serious health risk factors. Potential solutions to address this deficiency include dietary diversification or supplementation, but food fortification is generally accepted as the most cost-effective solution. The main issue with food fortification of this vitamin is related to its high instabili ...