Jump to Main Content
- Stone, Andrea K., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food research international 2020 v.128 pp. 108799
- chemical precipitation; cultivars; digestible protein; emulsions; flour; foams; oils; pH; phenylalanine; protein content; protein isolates; protein value; solubility; threonine; tyrosine
- ... The overall goal of this research was to examine differences in the composition, functionality and protein quality between Peruvian (PQ) and Northern (NQ) quinoa flours, and their isolates prepared by alkaline extraction/isoelectric precipitation. In the case of the flours, PQ and NQ were comprised of 13.6% and 12.8% protein, respectively. Water hydration (mean value = 1.65 g/g) and oil holding ca ...
- Stone, Andrea K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food research international 2015 v.76 pp. 31-38
- alkali treatment; binding properties; chemical precipitation; cultivars; emulsions; foaming; foaming properties; foams; food industry; hydrophobicity; meat; oils; pea protein; peas; protein isolates; protein solubility; water holding capacity
- ... Protein isolates prepared from three pea cultivars by alkali extraction/isoelectric precipitation (AE-IP), salt extraction-dialysis (SE) and micellar precipitation (MP) were assessed for their surface (charge, hydrophobicity) and functional (water/oil holding capacity, solubility, foaming and emulsion capacities/stabilities) properties. Isolate yield was greatest for SE, followed by AE-IP and then ...