Jump to Main Content
- Márquez, Victoria; Martínez, Natalia; Guerra, Mauricio; Fariña, Laura; Boido, Eduardo; Dellacassa, Eduardo
- Food research international 2013 v.53 no.2 pp. 808-815
- beta-ionone, etc ; correlation; fatty acids; volatile compounds; nerol; yerba mate; principal component analysis; isomers; linalool; Ilex paraguariensis; mass spectrometry; gas chromatography; alpha-terpineol; odors; Argentina; Paraguay; Brazil; Uruguay; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The volatile compounds of 18 yerba mate (YM) commercial brands from Argentina, Brazil, P.araguay and Uruguay were extracted using a Likens–Nickerson simultaneous distillation–extraction (SDE) apparatus, and analyzed by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC–MS). Results showed that a total of 35 major volatile compounds were identified by GC–MS; among them, norisoprenoid compounds. A principal c ...
- Joshi, Robin; Babu, G.D. Kiran; Gulati, Ashu
- Food research international 2013 v.53 no.2 pp. 693-703
- beta-ionone, etc ; black tea; caffeine; carbon dioxide; decaffeination; distillation; flavanols; flavor; flavor compounds; gas chromatography; linalool; mass spectrometry; methyl salicylate; odors; phenylacetaldehyde; temperature; theaflavins; volatile compounds; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Effect of extraction temperature and pressure on the removal of caffeine from Kangra orthodox black tea using supercritical carbon dioxide was investigated. Maximum caffeine as well as volatile flavor components was extracted at 35°C/170bar using 60g/min flow rate for 90min extraction in dynamic mode. Satisfactory decaffeination and quality retention were achieved at extraction at 60°C/90bar. The ...