Jump to Main Content
- Falavigna, Claudia, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food research international 2018 v.114 pp. 38-46
- acids; amino acids; cheese ripening; cheeses; cured meats; digestion; enzyme inhibition; free amino acids; gastrointestinal system; ham; hydrolysis; hydrophobicity; peptides; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; proteolysis; soy sauce; taste; texture; umami
- ... Proteolysis is the most important event occurring during maturation of dry-cured hams: it strongly influences the flavour and the texture of the aged ham by the accumulation of peptides and free amino acids released by protein hydrolysis. Apart from compounds of proteolytic origin, it has been demonstrated that also non-proteolytic amino acyl derivatives (γ-glutamyl amino acids, pyroglutamyl-amino ...
- Falavigna, Claudia, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food research international 2015 v.67 pp. 136-144
- cured meats; digestibility; digestion; digestive juices; dipeptides; gastrointestinal system; ham; mass spectrometry; models; myofibrillar proteins; principal component analysis; proteins; spectrometers; tripeptides; ultra-performance liquid chromatography
- ... This study deals with the identification of the peptides released after in vitro simulated gastrointestinal digestion of dry-cured Parma hams, using a physiological digestion model in terms of number of steps and composition of digestive juices. The obtained peptide mixture was analysed by ultra-high performance liquid chromatography with single quadrupole mass spectrometer detector and liquid chr ...