Jump to Main Content
- Ramirez, Luis A.; Mittal, Gauri S.; Wakeman, M. Joan
- Food reviews international 2003 v.19 no.3 pp. 327-344
- food inspection; food processing; food safety; foods; marketing; models; plant products; process control; risk; risk assessment; Canada; Colombia
- ... This article compares food inspection systems of Canada and Colombia. The Canadian Processed Products Establishment Inspection Manual (PPEIM) for products of plant origin is used as a model. The Canadian food inspection system has the advantage of including specific regulations per product type, making the establishment inspection more precise. Colombia lacks a sound health risk model to establish ...
- Espachs-Barroso, Alexandre; Barbosa-Canovas, Gustavo V.; Martin-Belloso, Olga
- Food reviews international 2003 v.19 no.3 pp. 253-273
- electric field; enzyme activity; enzymes; flavor compounds; fruit juices; heat; microorganisms; models; nonthermal processing; pasteurization; physicochemical properties; pulsed electric fields; temperature; vitamins
- ... High-intensity pulsed electric fields (HIPEF) treatment is a nonthermal technology that has been studied in the last few years as an alternative to heat treatments. It consists of applying pulses of high electric field (kV/cm) during a short time (μsec or msec) at low or moderate temperature. Because of their properties, fruit juices are appropriate products to be processed by HIPEF. Studies on th ...