Jump to Main Content
- Todorov, Svetoslav D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food reviews international 2015 v.31 no.2 pp. 147-171
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides; Listeria; bacteriocins; food matrix; gastrointestinal system; lactic acid bacteria; probiotics; spoilage
- ... Leuconostoc mesenteroides is a lactic acid bacterium (LAB) that has been isolated from different sources. Some of its strains are able to produce bacteriocins, and most of them belong to class IIa and shows anti- Listeria activity. Additionally, Lc. mesenteroides species can be a probiotic candidate; promising studies have shown the potential of this species to survive and grow under various stres ...
- Todorov, Svetoslav Dimitrov, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Food reviews international 2010 v.26 no.3 pp. 205-229
- starter cultures; antimicrobial properties; history; fermentation; texture; fermented foods; GRAS substances; strain differences; Lactobacillus plantarum; flavor; food safety; Gram-positive bacteria; lactic acid