Jump to Main Content
- Martínez-Anaya, M.A.; Devesa, A.
- Food science and technology international 2000 v.6 no.2 pp. 109-116
- Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis; amylases; arabinose; baking; baking quality; breadmaking; carboxylic ester hydrolases; pentosans; solubilization; sourdough; wheat; wheat flour
- ... The effect of the joint use of sourdough and enzymes in breadmaking on total, soluble and insoluble pentosans, and composition of water extractable pentosans was studied. Two wheat flours of differ ent baking quality, two commercial starters (a pure strain of Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis and the multiform starter Böcker) and two commercial enzymes (pentosanase/amylase, lipase, and their com bina ...
- Alvarez-Ramirez, J.; Vernon-Carter, E.J.; Vizcarra-Mendoza, M.
- Food science and technology international 2000 v.6 no.2 pp. 137-143
- Tilletia indica; Triticum aestivum; air; breadmaking; commercialization; financial economics; fluidized beds; grain composition; wheat
- ... Infection of breadmaking wheat grains by karnal bunt (Tilletia indica) is a common disease in north- western Mexican states, causing major economic losses. In this work, the feasibility of separating infected from wholesome wheat grains by using fluidized bed technologies was evaluated. The pro posed separation equipment was of the batch type and fluidization was attained via direct air injec tion ...