Jump to Main Content
- Arnal, L., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Food science and technology international 2004 v.10 no.3 pp. 179-185
- Diospyros kaki; acetaldehyde; astringency; chilling injury; cold storage; color; ethanol; ethanol production; firmness; fruit quality; fruits; persimmons; storage temperature; storage time; total soluble solids
- ... Cold storage and removal of astringency effects on quality of persimmon fruit cv. Rojo brillante were determined. Persimmon fruit were stored at 1, 8, 11 and 15 ºC (85–90% RH) and after 6, 13, 20, 27 and 34 days of storage at these temperatures, astringency was removed. Fruit quality was assessed after the removal of the astringency and after a simulated retail storage period of 6 days at 20 ºC. S ...
- Arnal, L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food science and technology international 2005 v.11 no.5 pp. 359-365
- carbon dioxide production; chilling injury; cold storage; ethylene; firmness; fruits; harvest date; maturity stage; persimmons; ripening; storage temperature
- ... Changes in the quality during storage of persimmon fruits cv. Rojo Brillante harvested at two different maturity stages were studied. Early and late harvested fruit were stored at 1°C or 15°C for different periods of time. Harvest time had a relevant influence on chilling injury (CI) sensitiveness, since CI symptoms were found in fruits stored at 1°C only when they were early harvested. The most i ...