Jump to Main Content
- Dhillon, PiverjeetKaur; Tanwar, Beenu
- Food security 2018 v.10 no.3 pp. 525-535
- high-yielding varieties, etc ; Vigna umbellata; animal nutrition; antinutritional factors; cost effectiveness; energy; enzyme inhibitors; fermentation; forage; fungi; livestock; malnutrition; market value; nutrient content; nutritional adequacy; phenols; phytic acid; pressure cooking; saponins; soil; sprouting; synergism; India; Nepal; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Rice bean (Vigna umbellata), an underutilized grain legume or pulse, is often considered a minor crop in Nepal and Northern India. Rice bean is attracting attention worldwide owing to its high yielding ability, resistance to viral, fungal and bacterial diseases, adaptability to grow in less-fertile lands, simple domestic processing and good nutritional potential, which help to make it an affordabl ...
- Nguyen, Van Kien; Dumaresq, David; Pittock, Jamie
- Food security 2018 v.10 no.6 pp. 1615-1629
- high-yielding varieties, etc ; agricultural land; annuals; crop production; crops; demographic statistics; dry season; exports; farms; fish consumption; flood control; food availability; food consumption; food security; fruits; households; hydraulic systems; irrigation; issues and policy; poverty; rice; river deltas; vegetables; waterways; wet season; wild fish; wild foods; Vietnam; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Rice intensification programs target poverty reduction and improved food availability in Asia. Vietnam adopted a rice intensification policy aimed at a rice surplus for export by the 1990s. The intensification policy replaced an annual wet season crop with two to three High Yielding Variety (HYV) rice crops a year. These multiple annual crops required changes in hydraulic systems in areas such as ...