Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Lu; Lou, Yimin; Schutyser, Maarten A.I.
- Food structure 2018 v.18 pp. 14-22
- baking; calcium caseinate; dough; functional foods; grain foods; microstructure; models; nutrition; plate count; probiotics; rheological properties; water content; wheat flour
- ... The demand for foods with specific functionality and nutrition is increasing. This study investigated the feasibility of 3D-printing to manufacture cereal-based food structures containing probiotics. Dough formulations with different water content, wheat flour type and amount of calcium caseinate were evaluated in terms of printability during fused deposition modelling. The composition of dough in ...
- van der Sman, R.G.M.; Vollebregt, H.M.; Meinders, M.B.J.; Beri, A.
- Food structure 2018 v.18 pp. 1-13
- acoustics; computed tomography; ingredients; snacks; texture
- ... Several starchy snacks differing in filler ingredients have been analysed regarding (1) the fate of filler ingredients during processing, and (2) the role of filler ingredients with respect to texture and structure. The structure has been characterized with X-ray tomography, and the texture has been evaluated via acoustic emissions from snack compression using a texture analyzer, which is assumed ...