Jump to Main Content
- Dargatz, David A.; Bai, Jianfa; Lubbers, Brian V.; Kopral, Christine A.; An, Baoyan; Anderson, Gary A.
- Foodborne pathogens & disease 2013 v.10 no.4 pp. 392
- Escherichia coli O157; Escherichia coli O26; Food Safety and Inspection Service; Shiga toxin; adulterated products; burden of disease; cattle; feces; feedlots; foodborne illness; genes; polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; virulence; United States
- ... While efforts to control foodborne illness associated with the Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (E. coli) O157 through processes and procedures implemented at harvest facilities have been very successful, there is concern about the burden of illness associated with other Shiga toxin-producing E. coli. The U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service announced plans to cl ...
- Gragg, Sara E.; Loneragan, Guy H.; Brashears, Mindy M.; Arthur, Terrance M.; Bosilevac, Joseph M.; Kalchayanand, Norasak; Wang, Rong; Schmidt, John W.; Brooks, J. Chance; Shackelford, Steven D.; Wheeler, Tommy L.; Brown, Tyson R.; Edrington, Thomas S.; Brichta-Harhay, Dayna M.
- Foodborne pathogens & disease 2013 v.10 no.4 pp. 368
- Salmonella enterica; antibiotic resistance; cattle; coolers; cross-sectional studies; culling (animals); feedlots; ground beef; humans; lymph nodes; meat carcasses; phenotype; risk; serotypes; United States
- ... Bovine peripheral lymph nodes (LNs), including subiliac LNs, have been identified as a potential source of human exposure to Salmonella enterica, when adipose trim containing these nodes is incorporated into ground beef. In order to gain a better understanding of the burden of S. enterica in peripheral LNs of feedlot and cull cattle, a cross-sectional study was undertaken in which 3327 subiliac LN ...
- PubMed Central: