Jump to Main Content
- Sirsat, Sujata A.; Neal, Jack A.
- Foods 2013 v.2 no.4 pp. 488-498
- Escherichia coli; Salmonella; acetic acid; aquaponics; coliform bacteria; farmers; fish; fish production; food pathogens; fresh produce; freshwater; fruits; good agricultural practices; lettuce; microbial contamination; plant growth; soil; spoilage; spoilage microorganisms; tanks; vinegars; United States
- ... Aquaponics is an effective method to practice sustainable agriculture and is gaining popularity in the US; however, the microbial safety of aquaponically grown produce needs to be ascertained. Aquaponics is a unique marriage of fish production and soil-free produce (e.g., leafy greens) production. Fish are raised in fresh water tanks that are connected to water filled beds where fruits and vegetab ...
- Hussain, Malik Altaf
- Foods 2013 v.2 no.4 pp. 460-461
- food pathogens; food safety; pathogenesis
- ... Your submissions to this Special Issue “Food Microbiology and Safety” of Foods—a new open access journal—are welcome. We understand there are no foodborne illness-free zones in the world. Therefore, a proper understanding of foodborne pathogens and the factors that impact their growth, survival and pathogenesis would equip us with tools to ensure global food safety. This Special Issue publishes ar ...