Jump to Main Content
- Musile, Giacomo; Gottardo, Rossella; Palacio, Covadonga; Shestakova, Ksenia; Raniero, Dario; De Palo, Elio F.; Tagliaro, Franco
- Forensic science international 2019 v.295 pp. 150-156
- ammonia; ammonium; cameras; capillary electrophoresis; color; crime; death; detection limit; droplets; dyes; forensic sciences; gases; mobile telephones; necropsy; pH; sodium hydroxide; standard deviation
- ... A simple and low cost analytical device is described for the determination of ammonium in the vitreous humor suitable for inferring the post mortem interval in forensic cases. The device is based on ammonia formation from ammonium ion by means of NaOH addition to the vitreous humor sample and its detection with a pH chemical indicator in the gas phase above the vitreous humor sample. From the gas ...
- Özbunar, Emine; Aydoğdu, Melike; Döğer, Rukiye; Bostancı, Halil İbrahim; Koruyucu, Meryem; Akgür, Serap Annette
- Forensic science international 2019 v.295 pp. 121-127
- Papaver somniferum; adults; biomarkers; breakfast; color; detection limit; drug evaluation; enzyme immunoassays; food consumption; forensic sciences; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; heroin; humans; ingestion; laws and regulations; medicinal plants; metabolites; morphine; pastes; poppies; screening; thebaine; traffic; urine; working conditions; Turkey (country)
- ... Papaver somniferum (opium poppy) is one of the world’s oldest medicinal plants which are widely used for medicinal, nutritive and scientific purposes. Turkey is one of the major legal opium poppy producer countries in the world and the seed paste of the poppies is consumed in great deal, even more than 100g per meal. The main objective of this study is to investigate the influence of poppy seed pa ...