Jump to Main Content
- Musile, Giacomo; Gottardo, Rossella; Palacio, Covadonga; Shestakova, Ksenia; Raniero, Dario; De Palo, Elio F.; Tagliaro, Franco
- Forensic science international 2019 v.295 pp. 150-156
- ammonia; ammonium; cameras; capillary electrophoresis; color; crime; death; detection limit; droplets; dyes; forensic sciences; gases; mobile telephones; necropsy; pH; sodium hydroxide; standard deviation
- ... A simple and low cost analytical device is described for the determination of ammonium in the vitreous humor suitable for inferring the post mortem interval in forensic cases. The device is based on ammonia formation from ammonium ion by means of NaOH addition to the vitreous humor sample and its detection with a pH chemical indicator in the gas phase above the vitreous humor sample. From the gas ...
- Zamengo, Luca; Tedeschi, Gianpaola; Frison, Giampietro; Griffoni, Carlo; Ponzin, Diego; Jones, Alan Wayne
- Forensic science international 2019 v.295 pp. 213-218
- algorithms; anticoagulants; blood; blood sampling; detection limit; ethanol; flame ionization; forensic sciences; headspace analysis; hospitals; mass spectrometry; oxalates; reference standards; refrigeration; sodium fluoride; standard deviation; uncertainty; Italy
- ... Inter-laboratory proficiency schemes are widely used to control the performance of clinical and forensic toxicology laboratories. In 2016 the Laboratory of Environmental Hygiene and Forensic Toxicology — Venice (Italy) initiated an inter-laboratory proficiency test of blood–alcohol analysis. The number of participating laboratories gradually increased from 26 to 36. Furthermore, a few clinical lab ...