Jump to Main Content
- Kang, Tae-Yi; Lee, Joong; Park, Byung-Wook
- Forensic science international 2016 v.261 pp. 26-32
- atomic force microscopy; forensic sciences; nanotechnology; printing inks
- ... This paper describes the application of the atomic force microscopy (AFM) as a nano-indentation method and introduces a new method of identifying the chronological order of the application of the toner and stamping ink on the surface of documents by removing either of them. Various toners were used as samples for the AFM nano-indentation method. The chronological order of the application of the to ...
- Baiker, Martin; Petraco, Nicholas D.K.; Gambino, Carol; Pieterman, René; Shenkin, Peter; Zoon, Peter
- Forensic science international 2016 v.261 pp. 43-52
- crime; data collection; forensic sciences; wavelet
- ... Large numbers of experimental toolmarks of screwdrivers are often required in casework of toolmark examiners and in research environments alike, to be able to recover the angle of attack of a crime scene mark and to determine statistically meaningful properties of toolmarks respectively. However, in practice the number of marks is limited by the time needed to create them.In this article, we prese ...